T Visa

The T-Visa gives certain immigration benefits to victims of human trafficking. You may qualify if:

  • You are a victim of human trafficking

  • You are in the United States

  • You comply with any reasonable request by a law enforcement agency for assistance in the investigation or prosecution of human trafficking.

  • Demonstrate you will suffer extreme hardship if you are removed from the U.S.

The benefits of a T visa include:

  • If you are under 21 you may apply for your spouse, children, and unmarried siblings under 18 to get a visa.

  • If you are over 21 you may apply for your spouse and children to get a visa.

  • You can work in the United States.

  • You have a valid T visa for 4 years.

  • You can apply for permanent residency after 3 years of being granted a T visa.