Adjustment of Status

Adjustment of Status is the process that allows you to become a legal permanent resident. You may qualify if:

  • You have a family member that is a citizen or permanent resident.

  • You can adjust status through a qualifying employment visa.

  • You can adjust status through a T or U Visa


  • You can live permanently in the U.S. as long as you do not commit any actions that would make you removable.

  • You can work in the United States.

  • You can petition for your family members to obtain residency once yours is accepted.

  • You have constitutional protections as a permanent resident.