A thorough, defense oriented investigation can make the difference between a conviction and an acquittal. Law enforcement investigations often take a narrow look at our client’s role in a case. As a premier defense firm, we take steps to verify each and every fact that the district attorney relies upon in the use of police reports, witness statements, and other evidence. Often, the prosecution overlooks important details, which may tend to exonerate our clients or cast a reasonable doubt.
It is the job of the defense to both find and bring these details to light, as our client’s freedom may depend on it. Therefore, one difference between just an “OK” law firm, and an “excellent” one, is an emphasis on independent investigations.
Here are the Friedman Law Firm, former CHP Sergeant, and now private investigator, Craig Speck brings his years of prior law enforcement expertise to our clients. Highlights from Mr. Speck include:
- Licensed California Private Investigator; CA PI #26246
- Licensed Nevada Private Investigator; #R-062737
- Member Northern California Fraud Investigators Association (NCFIA)
- Member California Association of Licensed Investigators (CALI)
- Retired California Highway Patrol Sergeant with 25 years of investigative experience.
In 1985, Officer Speck worked as a peace officer for the California Highway Patrol. He was assigned motorcycle patrol duties, Dignitary Protection Detail, and served as a Governor’s Driver. As he gained more experience, Officer Speck worked as a Division Training Coordinator, which encompassed use of force and officer safety-related training and instruction for 11 field offices.
In recognition of his professional accomplishments, Officer Speck was promoted to Sergeant in 1996. As a Sergeant, he served in several specialized assignments and distinguished himself as an exceptional leader and investigator.
His 25 year professional, law enforcement experiences includes past expertise and experience in the following areas:
- Advanced Traffic Accident Investigation Training (CHP)
- Drug Abuse Recognition (DAR) Training (CNOA)
- Interview and Interrogation Techniques (Reid Institute)
- Search Warrants and Court Preparation Training (CHP)
- Crime Scene Investigation and Evidence Collection (CHP)
- Workers’ Compensation Program Management Course (University of California, Davis)
- Fraud Investigation Techniques (Riverside County District Attorney’s Office)
- Advanced Surveillance Techniques; California Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Specialized Surveillance and Equipment Training (DOJ)
Now, Mr. Speck puts his wealth of knowledge and experience to work for the clients of the Friedman Law Firm. Mr. Speck has worked with a large number of the firm’s past clients with great success, and we rely upon his expertise to uncover the small details that can make or break a case.